ສະມາຄົມ ພັດທະນາ ກະສິກຳ ແລະ ສິ່ງແວດລ້ອມ ແບບຍືນຍົງ
Sustainable Agriculture & Environment Development Association
SAEDA, the Sustainable Agriculture & Environment Development Association (formerly SAF, the Sustainable Agriculture Forum founded in March 1991 under umbrella of members and CUSO) is a non-profit civil society organization founded in 2007 in Lao PDR. SAEDA works to support vulnerable communities by sustainable development focusing on 4 core programs of intervention: Sustainable Agriculture (SA), Environment Conservation (EC), Food Safety (SF) & Farmer Organizations (FOs) with 2 support programs: Fund Raising & Marketing (FRM), and Information, Research & Advocacy (IRA).
We envision a future for Lao communities with sustainable improved livelihood in food security and nutrition based on environmentally sound agricultural development.
We promote sustainable agriculture and environmental conservation through capacity development an income generation by using participatory approaches – empowering our poor communities compose of farmers, women, children, young and ethnic groups.
1.Support Lao PDR to attain its Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), implement it’s National Socio-Economic Development Plan, National Growth Poverty Eradication Strategy (NGPES), and Regional & International Strategies.
2. Spread good practices on sustainable agriculture practices and share the appropriate technologies to improve productivity, health and income.
3.Develop the capacity of farmers, government partners, and extension workers in local, national and international level using participatory approaches.
4. Build model farmers, using Farmer to Farmer Extension (FFE), Farmer Organizations (FOs) and linkages to network and fair markets at local, national and regional levels.
5.Research, develop mechanism and access to appropriate tools and information.
SAEDA has committed itself to pro-poor budget planning and spending. There are many ways you can support SAEDA to reduce poverty and promote a viable future for Lao PDR’s most vulnerable communities:
– Become a funding partner for a SAEDA project or initiative.
– Support our training efforts and capacity building activities.
– Help us purchase an item or tool to become more efficient and to support projects and activities.
– Buy products of SAEDA’s supported farming communities.
We are wishing to enhance our capacity building. We welcome all of you to contact us for further information regarding our services.